This yummy Thai dessert is super easy to make and literally takes 20 minutes to whip it up and then bake it for 20 more. It is a delicious and light way to end a homemade Thai meal ❀
- 1tsp butter (at room temperature)
- 6 medium eggs
- 400ml coconut milk
- 175g brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C / Gas mark 4.
- Grease the inside of a 19cm (or similar) square baking tray that is about 4cm deep.
- In a large heatproof bowl, beat the eggs together with the coconut milk, brown sugar and salt.
- Place the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and stir for around 15 minutes until it begins to thicken.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray.
- Bake the coconut custard in the oven for around 20-25 minutes until just set (may still be slightly wobbly in the centre).
- Allow the coconut custard to cool completely so that it firms up (it can be refridgerated).
- When the coconut custard has cooled, cut it into squares and serve (a cookie cutter can be used to cut pretty shapes out of the coconut custard instead of cutting into squares).