These sweet corn and parmesan fritters are super quick to make, takes around 20 minutes! They are great on their own, with chilli sauce or a side salad to go with it.
Ingredients (makes around 12 fritters):
- 100g plain flour
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 150ml milk
- 200g canned sweetcorn
- 2 spring onions (chopped finely)
- 25g parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Beat in the milk a bit at a time to form a smooth batter.
- Drain the canned sweetcorn and add it to the batter mix together with the spring onions, parmesan and soya sauce. Mix well.
- Heat up the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and fry spoonfuls of the mixture for about 3 mins on each side until the fritters are golden.
- Serve the fritters piping hot!